Thursday, February 28, 2013

Momma got a new car!

Well, it looks like it official. 22 unpaid days off work, regardless of the workload or my desire to take the days off.
For those who don’t realize, this is ONE MONTH of income lost.
Why? Well because there is no budget. AGAIN! So, we civilians here at the Department of the Navy (which falls under the DoD) are now facing 22 unpaid days off work, hiring freezes, and an impending threat of layoffs.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my job. I love working with the Navy. However, we are going to have to cut a corner or two to be able to budget this loss of income.
Step 1: complain.
No really, step one has been getting a new car. I know this sound like the opposite of cutting our budget, but a car with significantly better gas mileage will save us money long term. Plus, to get my new car I had to quit smoking. These are the numbers.
 260-car payment                      240-cigarette savings
+123-insurance                        +220-gasoline savings
            383                                          460

            That is a total of  77 dollars a month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment